Wednesday 1 December 2010

How has this research influenced my editorial decisions?

From researching these three contents pages, as well as a rage of others, my decision to do an indie/rock magazine has been cemented as I think they make for a more music focused and informative magazine. Furthermore I have come to understand that the contents page is where the readers need to get a feel for the whole magazine, and that the genre favoured suits there taste. Therefore as I want my content page to be organised into categories so that my audience will see a range of information being offered. This is especialy important as I am aiming at young adults that want as much for there money as possible. I am also planing to use images of more than one artist, to make sure that my audience understands that my magazine is focused on the indie genre, and that they will find serveral interesting artists. I may also use an extract from my article on my double page spread, either as a quote or a short explaination to encourge them to read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment